"We have used Brian with Southern Comfort Inspections twice already when looking to buy a home and will continue to use him as many times as he’ll accept us! He is the most thorough, meticulous, courteous, knowledgeable and professional home inspector you’ll find. Thank you for providing such reliable and consistent service to our family." - Rian in Hermitage.
"There are not enough stars in the sky to give this company and Brian a high enough recommendation. He is extraordinarily thorough and knowledgeable, and works harder than I can even explain...." - Eric in Franklin.
"I just want to start by saying that this home inspection far exceeded my previous ones. Brian is a great home inspector and did a great job for us. His professionalism and attention to detail were second to none. I will tell anyone needing this service to call him." - David in Murfreesboro.
"Brian is AMAZING and has completed TWO home inspections for us. I am the absolute most detail oriented person on the planet and thought "Wow, this was a very thorough inspection" when I received his inspection... We were so happy with Brian's inspection that we asked him to come back to inspect our house at the 11 month mark before our 1 year warranty with the builder expired to ensure everything was still in good order.... He is incredibly nice, personable, and genuinely a great guy; I just can not say enough nice things about him." - Amy in Belle Meade.
"I am a real estate professional and use Brian on every inspection that I possibly can. However, this review is based on his inspection of a property I am purchasing for myself. Brian is one of the most courteous, professional, and thorough inspectors that I have come across. He understands the anxiety that Buyers go through at this stage of purchasing a new home and takes great care to explain not only the items that need repairs, but why. It's easy for inspectors to throw out every item that is not perfect, but Brian understands what is most important and how to approach it with the Sellers. I have years of construction experience and education and he is, in my professional opinion, one of the best in Middle Tennessee. I couldn't suggest anyone for your protection more during one of the most expensive purchases that you will make. I put my complete trust in Brian and you should too!!"
"We sincerely want to help make your new house, your new home. We have what other inspectors sorely miss, a servant's heart and a teacher's approach. Let us show you why Southern Comfort Inspections, LLC is truly Middle Tennessee's Finest." - Brian C. Schaefer, Owner
WHAT I DO NOT DO:
1. Offer any warranty or guarantees of any kind. These are deceptive. (see Q & A)
2. Move any personal items, appliances or storage in the property at the time of the inspection.
3. Enter areas that are confined, restricted, blocked or deemed hazardous.
4. I do not evaluate or test: buried fuel tanks, geology, fungi, radon (can be ordered separately), wood destroying organisms, rodents, pests, insects, carbon monoxide, provide structural engineering evaluations, test asbestos, test lead, mercury, treated wood, test fireplaces or chimneys, calculate HVAC capacities, volume or efficiency. Evaporators. Cause of systems to not function.
5. Operate systems that are not within the TN SOP.
6. Evaluate or test subterranean water lines, sewage disposal, septic or other disposal systems. Evaluate for proper design, material or size of plumbing. Inspect specialty components or systems not in the TN SOP.
7. See other items not required by the TN SOP; click here.
WHAT I DO DO:
1. Give you the best service and communication in Middle Tennessee.
2. Make every effort to provide same day report delivery*.
3. FREE thermal imaging and moisture meter testing of moisture areas when needed.
4.Offer a stain scanning service for homes where pet urine or other stains are suspected.
5. Do NOT charge extra for attic or crawlspace evaluations.
6. Facilitate the process online, from order reservation to delivery.
7. Provide an exceptional report with many photos (please see reviews about what people say).
*Pre-inspection agreement must be signed and order paid. Not guaranteed.
Where do we go?
Gratefully Serving These Areas of Tennessee: College Grove , Nashville, Mt. Juliet, Smyrna, Dickson, Springfield, Clarksville, Murfreesboro, Spring Hill, Franklin, Brentwood, Columbia, Hendersonville, Eagleville, Joelton, Crieve Hall, East Nashville, Ashland City, Lebanon, Chapel Hill, and Many More Cities in Middle Tennessee!!!